Monday, March 1, 2010

cranky mama

*(Wow, this post turned out way longer than planned, oh well...)*

The purpose of this post is not to call together a pity party for me, or make you feel sorry for me. It is just simply to vent some frustration and hopefully make me less cranky after putting my feelings into words...Here is our day so far...

slept in till 7:15...YEAH!!! (that's a big deal in this house).
happy children. they played alot early this morning.
cinnamon rolls for breakfast, YUM...
coffee...one of the best drinks ever...
get everyone ready for an outing to pay a couple bills.
STILL, happy children.
run errand to pay a bill.
alivia gets tired while in the car.
no more happy children, alivia starts yelling and crying.
more crying.
more crying.
alivia falls asleep, BAD NEWS!
richard carries her in the house insisting she will stay asleep.
she stays asleep. awww...thank you, Lord!
take abby potty, lay her down for nap.
get lunch started for a visitor from my hometown church.
abby gets up claiming she has to potty again.
abby eats a bite of chicken nugget, goes back to bed.
abby spits out chewed up chicken nugget on her bed.
mommy tells her that's gross, and tells her to go to sleep.
alivia starts crying in her room, 30 minutes after laying down :(
alivia crys some more.
i go get her, and she screams even more!
she keeps screaming.
i lay her back down.
she cries some more.
abby gets up to go potty AGAIN!!!
abby goes back to bed.
richard gets alivia up, she is extremely cranky. this makes mommy cranky.
our lunch guest arrives.
abby gets back up and says, "abby's awake!"
we have lunch.
richard leaves for work.
our lunch guest leaves.
abby is bossy, and is deliberately disobeying.
alivia is still cranky.
i lay alivia down again, thinking maybe she will take a nap.
she lays in her room for an hour, whining and talking and whining some more.
every time i tell abby to do something, she firmly tells me "NO." (when did this happen, i mean, when did it happen that i get tired of arguing with my 2 year old child. i'm the parent, right? richard is good at making her listen, and most of the time she obeys me without alot of trouble. today is different though. usually she obeys in fear of going to time-out, but today she doesn't even care about time-out. at the moment i have no insight into the mind of 2 year olds, other than they want to do WHAT they want, WHEN they want to do it!)

I am so thankful days like these don't happen often. I don't know if my brain could handle it, I don't like being cranky. I'm sure these darn pregnancy hormones have something to do with my mood too. Oh well, back to reality...
P.S.-since finishing this post, alivia has gotten quiet...maybe, just maybe, she has gone to sleep for awhile. When she wakes up, maybe she will be a happy 1 year old!

1 comments:

Kendall Smith said...

I'm so sorry!!! I know--those days are tough. And I'm sure they are EXTRA hard with your situation!!! We think about you guys often. And we're bringing you a meal next Monday! :-)